For your paper you will be required to write an essay at least
4 pages long
the fiction novel you’ve completed to craft a persuasive argument.
You will analyze the
Stephen King’s text, The Outsider
and argue what you believe the book’s central
theme is. What lesson or message does the book teach readers? How do the
elements of plot, character, setting, dialogue, point of view help support the theme?
Your essay needs to be clear and unified under your thesis.
Make sure to include
specific evidence from the book, to show how and why your evidence supports
Since this is a shorter paper, focus on the most convincing evidence. Your essay
should demonstrate your understanding of the text, and your ability to identify the theme using
support chosen from either characterization, setting, dialogue, or plot.
Use your own original ideas about the book in conjunction with evidence from the text to
support your thesis. Make sure to follow proper MLA citation rules for all quotes and
paraphrases you use.
Successful papers will have:
1. A developed introductory paragraph, with a clear thesis.
Explain what your topic is,
and what you will try and prove about your topic. Why is it important to
accept your argument?
What elements of fiction will you use for support? (10 points)
2. Well-supported, unified body paragraphs with specific examples that reinforce your
thesis. (125 points)
3. Your essay includes at least 3 quotes or paraphrases. Demonstrates an understanding of
key evidence you’ve selected. Use proper MLA citation. (5 points)
4. A conclusion that summarizes your main point, and offers a final thought about the value
of your argument. (5 points)
5. Your paper will also be thoroughly edited for sentence-level errors. (5 points)
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here