Week 3 – Assignment 1
11 Blue Men
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLO: 2]
Read Chapter 6: Epidemiology in your textbook and complete the Happy Town Crisis Interactive and Epidemic and Endemic and Pandemic, Oh My! Learning Activities before reading the 11 Blue Men story. Then complete the following:
- Read the Eleven Blue Men (Berton Roueché) (Links to an external site.) story
- Download the Eleven Blue Men Worksheet and address the questions in the worksheet using complete sentences.
To complete the worksheet,
- Create a timeline (must be drawn, not text-only) indicating the 11 Blue Men presented symptoms.
- Timelines show patterns quickly. You will draw a timeline using the tool of your choice. It must be more than just text on a page. There are several free online timeline creation tools, like Vizzlo’s Timeline Chart (Links to an external site.). You may also want to review How to Make a Timeline in Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.).
- Describe the key symptoms and incubation period.
- Describe each step of an outbreak investigation.
- Identify three questions that Dr. Greenberg and Dr. Pellitteri asked the patients.
- Identify three questions that the epidemiologists asked the Eclipse Cafeteria employees.
- Identify the final culprit and how it was discovered.
- Explain why these specific men were more affected than other people.
Please know that although this is not a formal written paper, you must still use APA formatting.
The 11 Blue Men assignment,
- Must use double-spacing with 1-inch margins
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must use at least two additional scholarly, peer-reviewed, credible sources in addition to the course text and case study itself to support your answers to the case study questions. The Ashford University Library is a great place to find resources. Watch the Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial for research tips.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here