Read the Parker Family Episode (Attached). The clients express hostility toward each other, as well as toward the social worker. In addition, Stephanie asks the social worker for self-disclosure when she asks, “Wouldn’t you?” and “You really think you can fix that?” The scene ends with the client and social worker falling into silence. Consider the challenges depicted in the video. How would you respond?
- Explain when it would be appropriate to use self-disclosure.
- Provide a specific example of the type of self-disclosure you might use in this scenario.
- Identify an interviewing technique you learned from this week’s resources that you would use when working with this client.
- Provide a specific example of the interviewing technique.
- For example, if you would use an empathetic statement or an open-ended question to elicit information, provide a specific example of the statement or question that you would use.
- Explain why you would use this technique.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here