As we near the end of the semester, think about which animals/ecosystems you’d like to explore further. Which do you want to see in the wild?
Plan a vacation for 2020 to go see a specific marine animal or marine phenomenon anywhere in the world (try something outside of the US, definitely out of CA).
Write this in a word document, inserting pictures as necessary. Save as a doc or PDF, then upload your finished work. Each answer must include 3-4 sentences, unless other instructions apply.
- (1) Location: City, State, Country. Picture of map.
- (1) When will I go? Best time of year to see the specific animal or phenomenon. Be specific: you’re planning an actual trip!
- (4) Purpose of trip: Why are you going here, at this time? What behaviors you would expect to see (breeding, feeding, migrating, etc)? In what way would you be able to interact with them? (SCUBA license needed? Boat, swim, cage dive, helicopter?) 50 word minimum. Include a PICTURE.
- (4) What research is being conducted on the animal/ecosystem you’re visiting. Name a scientist and describe their research. 50 word minimum
- (2) How will I get there? Give details, including mode of transport
- (2) Where will I stay? Give details
- (4) What activities will I participate in that involve the animal/ecosystem I’m visiting: Give details.
- (1) Budget required? Minimum budget needed for a three day, two-night stay, including travel and lodging expenses.
Where do you want to go? Here are some ideas, but you can plan a trip anywhere in the world .
- San Juan Island, WA over the summer to watch Orcas feed on salmon.
- Antarctica in February to see humpback whales feed
- Trinidad and Tobago to see Manatees during the wet season
- Interact with “friendly” Gray whales in Baja Mexico in March
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here