Using one of the two diseases you identified in your “Population Paper,” (Alzheimer’s disease)you will write a 2 page single-spaced paper using peer-reviewed journal articles and other reputable sources, including your textbooks if you wish. You must also include a References page (it does not count toward your 2-3 page total). Please use APA formatting for citing your references in the text and in your references page. You do not need to include a cover page or abstract.
In your paper, you must address the following:
- Basic definition of the disease
- Estimated number and % of people in the United States who currently have this disease
- Estimated number and % of people in New Jersey who currently have this disease
- Estimated number and % of your population (Older Adults) in the United States who currently have this disease
- Identify one (1) individual-level or family-level factor that may cause or influence the disease (it is okay to repeat the one factor that you identified in your population paper)
- Identify two (2) community-level or society-level factors that may cause or influence the disease (it is okay to repeat the two factors that you identified in your population paper)
- Pick one of your three (3) factors that may cause or influence the disease and identify an intervention or policy that has previously been implemented to address this factor. Briefly explain what this intervention or policy is.
- Discuss how this intervention or policy impacted both the factor you selected and the disease. For example: Let’s say you selected obesity in children as your disease and physical activity as a factor that influences obesity. You select Safe Routes to School as your intervention: Did participants’ physical activity levels change? Was there a change in weight, or did the percent of participants who were obese change?
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here