For a major part of your grade, you are going to research and complete an environmental issues paper. This will help you build the skills necessary to develop an informed opinion and present that opinion in written form. This project will serve as a final assessment for the course. Using the content of the course, critically evaluate and analyze a controversial environmental issue of your choosing. You must examine the pros, cons, compromises, and tradeoffs of the issue by gathering credible information from various sources and assess the scientific credibility of the information. You will then develop from this information a well thought out paper that will address the major players involved, relevant cited facts, and a clearly identified opinion.
The first part of this project will be to submit a topic to your instructor for approval. Research the topic using online library, the online library, scientific journals, government documents, books, science magazines, and personal interviews. Peer reviewed sources should form the basis of your paper. Use a minimum of 6 sources. The final paper should be double-spaced, 12 point, and 6 to 8 pages in length with citations in APA format. Anytime you use the writings or ideas of others as though they were your own, you are plagiarizing (even if you paraphrase). All information and ideas that are not a part of general knowledge must be cited. When in doubt, cite!
Your final paper should address the following key points:
- The Controversy: Identify the controversy
- The Major Players: Who is involved? Why are they involved?
- Important Facts: State relevant facts concerning the issue. Try to separate fact from opinion. Try not to show your own bias. Properly use APA citations
- Side One: Arguments; state briefly and cite your sources
- Side Two: Arguments; state briefly and cite your sources
- Your Opinion and Rationale: I believe that…, We should…, I feel that… Use supporting arguments and rationale. What arguments would you use to present to those who disagree with you? Cite all of your sources.
- References: Alphabetize your sources. Make sure there are sources representing both sides of the issue.
The schedule of deliverables for this project are:
Submitting a rough draft of a paper or project gives the writer a chance to receive feedback on the paper and make revisions in anticipation of the final draft submission. A rough draft does not need to be a polished work but it should still adhere to APA guidelines and include all necessary components as listed in the Environmental Issue Project – Introduction from Module 02.
Your assignment is to deliver the rough draft for your Environmental Issue Project.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here