For this discussion, you will create a PowerPoint based on the following:
You are a psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner who is practicing as part of a team in a medical home model facility. Patients on the panel are as follows:
- 68-year-old patient, diagnosed with depression, who has Medicare
- 34-year-old patient, homeless, diagnosis of Schizophrenia, who has Medicaid
- 43-year-old patient, diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, private/work-provided health insurance
- 22-year-old patient, undocumented immigrant, diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety, who is uninsured
In your PowerPoint, address the following:
- Provide an overview of the health care payment system in the United States.
- How do the current (2017) changes in the ACA impact the patient profile? How do these policy changes impact the provision of care you provide?
- Integrate the concept of quality determinants to with the conversation related to care provision and management. How is quality determined, measured, and documented?
- What are the barriers to accessing healthcare in the United States?
- Identify one policy issue related to psychiatric and mental healthcare that is currently being addressed by your national professional organization and discuss how NPs can become policy-aware, as well as act as patient advocates.
Your PowerPoint should be 15 to 20 slides (no more and no less). Your slides should not be narrative; rather, the use of bullets, charts, and pictures are encouraged. Please use the notes section of the PowerPoint to add narrative. APA formatting of all components is required, including a references list.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here