Respond to a colleague in all of the following ways:
- What changes would you make to the policy described by your colleague? Explain. Describe the specific policy advocacy skills you will use.
- How, as a professional social worker, will you work to ensure policies adequately represent the needs of oppressed and marginalized populations? Describe the specific policy advocacy skills you will use.
- What is your ethical responsibility as a social worker to engage in policy practice within your own practice or agency?
Be sure to support your post with specific references to this week’s resources. If you are using additional articles, be sure to provide full APA-formatted citations for your references.
Jansson, B. S. (2018). Becoming an effective policy advocate: From policy practice to social justice. (8th ed.). Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole Cengage Learning Series.
- Chapter 2, “Articulating Four Rationales for Participating in Policy Advocacy” (pp. 31-69)
- Chapter 3, “Obtaining Skills and Competencies for Policy Advocacy” (pp. 70–98)
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here