Choose one of the following museums (no exceptions) and visit virtually.
- Choose one of the following museums (no exceptions) and visit virtually. Explore the collection and the exhibitions. Then choose an artwork from our text that we covered during this semester) and compare it with an object in the museum’s collection that is part of an exhibition (current or past).
Metropolitan Museum of Art https://www.metmuseum.org/
Boston Museum of Fine Arts https://www.mfa.org/ (
University of Pennsylvania Museum https://www.penn.
Oriental Institute Museum (University of Chicago) https://oi.uchicago.
- Write a grammatically correct paper according to MLA style format and the following stipulations:
- (10 points) Word doc (no other file formats permitted. Your name at the top of the page, date.
- (5 points) Title: centered, caps: museum name, exhibition name
- (10 points) Include a minimum of 1 image (jpg) for each artwork you are discussing in your paper. Image MUST be labeled and you must identify the image/artifact piece from our text and the image/artifact from the museum. The caption must include name of piece, date, medium, dimensions. MLA style.
Paragraph 1: (200-250 words) (10 points) Answer these basic questions: what museum did you visit online? Consider how the online gallery/exhibition you visited is arranged and organized: is gallery/exhibition organized geographically? Chronologically? Thematically? Other ways? Think about the exhibition organization (curation) since that is a key to communicating and understanding a body of knowledge. In other words, think about why the exhibition/gallery is set up the way it is – why is it CURATED the way it is, and write something about that. What does the arrangement do to help teach the main points the exhibition is trying to make?
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here