Interview a project manager, or someone who is involved with project work. Potential interview questions are included below.
Submit a paper (with a cover sheet & reference page) outlining the questions and responses you receive. Include the name of the individual interviewed, their role and the company they work for.
- What is the main thrill or interesting reason for being a project manager?
- Describe a typical work schedule during the week, including number of hours.
- What directed you to become a project manager? Why not stay in some other form of business management?
- Discuss examples of the project manager’s role as a team leader and a team member.
- Discuss the realm and responsibilities of the project manager.
- What personal characteristics are the project manager’s best allies during the job’s activities?
- What skills have you had to develop or refine since becoming a project manager?
- What goals are you striving for personally and professionally?
- What are the things that slow you or the project down?
- Describe the project manager’s professional credibility and its value.
- What are a few of the frustrations you face in the job?
- How does the company you work for conceive the project manager and his or her responsibilities/opportunities?
- Describe any battles you have experienced to complete tasks in the most economical manner and still maintain quality or integrity.
- How important is the project schedule and what purposes does it serve?
- Discuss the extent of your interaction with project owners, sponsors or customers.
- What is your level of involvement with contract negotiations?
- Discuss your interaction with other professionals (e.g. designers, coders, analysts, marketing, engineers.)
- Describe methods you use to monitor adequate communication between project owner, customer, sponsors and team members.
- How do you manage and track project risk?
- Describe any practices you use to manage the project schedule, budget, scope and reviews.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here