Imagine yourself in a 3° world – the stakes are high: the California coastal cities are flooded out, and the flood waters meet desertification, fires, and populations searching for food. California agriculture, which fed the world, no longer exists. Or supermarkets or gas stations. We will all be facing hardship and upheaval. What are the values that will sustain you and your family as the economy collapses with the environment? What sacrifices will you make, and how will you explain those sacrifices to your children?
- Write about how you will cope with and respond to the changes that 3° of global warming will make in your life in the next 25 years.
- Write about the changes in your life that you will CHOOSE to make. How are you deciding to live differently?
- Knowing what lies ahead, will you decide to bring children into this world?
- How will you decide to raise children in the context of the huge environmental, social, and economic changes that will be underway? What are your strategies? Write about the positive effects of raising children in these difficult times. What will be the high points of their lives? And write about things that will be difficult.
• Conclude your paper with what you will have to say to your children at breakfast 25 years from now, when they are the age that you are now – college seniors.
This paper is meant to be helpful to you as you imagine and chart the next 10 to 25 years of your life. When you write, be as specific as possible to your real life and your real life choices so that the act of writing the paper becomes useful, creative, courageous, and informative.
There are a number of useful websites that pop up quickly ranging from:
- “What would 3 degrees mean?” by David Spratthttp://www.climatecodered.org/2010/09/what-would-3…
- “Global temperatures on track for 3-5 degree rise by 2100: U.N.” by Tom Mileshttps://www.reuters.com/article/us-climate-change-un/global-temperatures-on-track-for-3-5-degree- rise-by-2100-u-n-idUSKCN1NY186
- “The three-degree world: the cities that will be drowned by global warming” by Josh Holder, Niko Kommenda and Jonathan Wattshttps://www.theguardian.com/cities/ng-interactive/2017/nov/03/three-degree-world-cities-drowned- global-warming
- 3 Degrees Warmer: Heat Wave Fatalities
- What Will Happen As The World Gets Warmer?https://news.sky.com/story/what-will-happen-as-the…
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here