This is an informal research project where you will be gathering the data by using the interview questionnaire provided and then writing up a quick analysis of your findings by integrating and applying what we have learned in class.
Therefore, this is a way for you to demonstrate how much you have learned and your ability to connect course material to real-life situations. This is the entire objective of this final project–show me how much you have learned
PLEASE NOTE: who you choose to interview must be in their current dynamic (e.g., parenthood, divorce, cohabitation) for at least a year in order to provide better perspective and cannot be related to you. Also, you CANNOT be related to them OR in a romantic relationship with your interviewee. This is to avoid bias and to increase the potential for honest answers.
Also, the textbook is the only reference needed. This paper is ALL about demonstrating your ability to utilize and apply what you have learned this semester to a real-life experience. Thus, COURSE APPLICATION IS CRITICAL!
Your paper should be filled with references to the textbook following proper APA format (authors, year and page number).
Providing a handful of references (e.g., 3-5 citations) will NOT be satisfactory.
*You should be constantly comparing your interviewee’s responses to what we have learned: how they align or differ or do not relate. Remember this is an analysis; not a restating of your interview notes. This is the most consistent error I find student’s make on this paper.
For full information and criteria regarding this assignment, please refer and carefully read over the attachments below:
THE CRITERIA & INSTRUCTIONS:
Please choose one of the following guides provided for your interview that coordinates with your choice and fill in with your notes of the interview. You will need to ATTACH it to your paper.
- This interview guide explores marriage dynamics and outcomes in addition to its impact on the individual.
- This interview focuses on parenting with a spouse and its impact on the marriage and the parent individually.
- This interview explores the dynamics of divorce and its impact on the individual and children (if present).
- This interview focuses specifically on remarriage and the dynamics of marrying again. It does touch on step-family issues if children are involved but it mostly explores remarriage. If step-family dynamics is what you are interested in, please see stepparent interview.
- This interview explores step-parenting dynamics and families and the unique circumstances and situations a stepparent faces as they adjust to a new marriage and instantly having children from their spouse’s previous relationship.
- This interview explores single parenting and the dynamics and challenges unique to this family structure.
- This interview explores the fast growing trend of premarital cohabitation and how it impacts the relationship and couple and even children if present.
PROJECT TEMPLATE PROVIDED: let me encourage you to look over this paper as it provides a visual presentation and example of what an “A” paper looks like! PLEASE NOTE: the textbook cited is the one previously used in this course and does NOT apply to the current course.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here