PLEASE NO PLAGIARISM
5.2 Ethical Considerations in Community Work
In this section, you’ll learn about the code of ethics that guides social work practice and some of the unique considerations for community partnerships work when it comes to ethical practice. You’ll also hear from an MSW practitioner about his experiences facing ethical dilemmas in social work practice.
Next, watch this guest lecture on ethical dilemmas in social work practice, presented by William Lane, who is a graduate of our MSW program. (Note: if you wish to contact William, his e-mail is email@example.com, not the address listed on the written slide.)
- Guest speaker (William Lane, MSW) – Ethical Dilemmas in Social Work [35:15 minutes]
Post & Respond (Full Class Discussion)
Based on the reading and video above, answer the following on the 5.2 Ethics in Community Practice discussion board:
- What do you see as some of the most important ethical considerations that need to be taken into account when working in partnership with communities? Provide an example of a situation related to community partnerships work that may present an ethical dilemma.
- In your opinion, are there certain actions that a social worker (or other community practitioner) should always take or principles that should always be prioritized, regardless of the situation? Explain your stance.
Due by: 12/3 at 11:59 pm EST
After you post, respond to at least 1 peer. Some suggested ways to focus your response include:
- Do you agree/disagree with the opinion of your peer? Explain why.
- Draw a connection between your peer’s post and class assignments, readings, videos, etc. from this semester.
Due by: 12/8 at 11:59pm EST
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here