https://reliablepapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Reliable-Papers-Org-300x81.png 0 0 Ken Morgan https://reliablepapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Reliable-Papers-Org-300x81.png Ken Morgan2021-02-23 05:11:372021-02-23 05:11:37case-study-the-place-makes-the-people
- Read Case Incident 1: The Place Makes the People (https://is.muni.cz/el/1456/podzim2017/BKH_PSEK/um/povinna_literatura/Robbins__S._P.____Judge__T._A.__2017_._Organization_behaviour.pdf) (page 593)
- Then read: Why Activity-Based Working is the Cure for the Open Office Layout (https://robinpowered.com/blog/activity-based-workplace/)
- This article makes a case for the use of activity-based working.
- Then read: Activity-Based Workplace Design: Using Data to Drive Your Transformation (https://serraview.com/activity-based-workplace-design-one-size-not-fit/)
- This article describes factors that need to be considered when implementing this design.
- Optional: This article shows good examples of organizations using the activity-based working design: (https://www.iofficecorp.com/blog/favorite-examples-of-activity-based-workplace-design)
Respond to the below questions. Your responses must reflect an understanding and integration of the above 3 readings.
- How might different types of office designs (traditional, open, or activity-based) influence employee social interaction, collaboration, and creativity? Explain.
- Should social interaction, collaboration, and creativity be encouraged even in organizations without an innovative culture? Why/why not?
- How could you measure whether new office designs are improving the organizational culture? Explain. Be detailed.
- A generally positive view of activity-based workplace designs is presented in the above articles. What do you consider the potential downsides to such designs? Explain.
- Are activity-based workplace designs the direction of the future or just another fad to be replaced by the next “latest and greatest” idea?
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here