The following is a review of the information provided in Class 3:
Due to an ever-increasing array of ethics and legal issues in the global business environment, there are countless current topics on which to write your argumentative business law and ethics research paper.
This argumentative research paper is your opportunity to select a meaningful business topic wherein you should review documentation and evaluate data that will help you establish your opinion and position on the topic and issue you choose. Your argumentative essay should consist of existing, published literature and materials, as well as collected data, to present your understanding of the ethical/legal issue in an argumentative manner. Also, it is important to choose a topic that will enable you create a strong foundation on which to build your research and one where ample current material is available in libraries and on the internet. You will need to collect an abundance of statistical data and analyze it in an unbiased, logical way.
Finding a narrow, focused issue is essential to writing an excellent paper. Your task here is to find a topic that can be comprehensively researched—a topic and issue that it isn’t too broad nor too narrow. Then, your goal is to find the topic’s focus and the issues to be argued.
The topic you choose should attract the reader’s attention. The best business law and ethics topics are those that cause many people to voice their opinion. Therefore, it makes sense to choose a topic that is a bit more provocative because examining a controversial topic makes for a very interesting and engaging argumentative research paper.
In order to write a good and intriguing business research paper, your choice of topic should be in your field of interest. In addition to choosing an engaging topic, your research topic must be well-researched and backed up with facts. Also, you should focus on the ethical issues related to your chosen topic by addressing morality, duties, integrity, business behavior, and any other matter that is bad or good for the society, the company, or its employees.
After selecting a topic, conduct thorough research on the most current information available on your topic and related issues. In this ever-changing global business environment, business law and ethics issues and cases are constantly emerging. Therefore, when researching your chosen topic and supporting real life example and cases, you should utilize real cases that are happening right now, as well as any relevant older cases that supplement the topic. The cases in our textbook tend to include cases that are years old. Although many of the textbook cases are not particularly current, they can be used as background information and as precedent to support and/or counter your argument.
Accordingly, your task is to select an argumentative research paper topic related to a business ethics and law issue. Your research paper should: (1) Introduce your topic and briefly discuss the issue background; (2) set your position; (3) explore various viewpoints, (4) support your chosen position with evidence; (5) compare your position to the rest of the viewpoints, while making arguments that put your position at the forefront; and (6) Briefly summarize your position and rationale in the conclusion.
While your research, analytical, and writing skills are important in influencing your grade, and while you can choose any topic related to business law and ethics, the difference between a commonly researched topic and one of current importance and interest will determine your grade.
Once again, choose a business law and ethics topic that is interesting to you and can be easily researched and well-presented. Accordingly, it’s important to consider your subject, and your field of interest, and then find business research topic that you can effectively write about.
Just remember to take on a unique perspective on your research topic as this argumentative research paper provides you a great opportunity to write something innovative and potentially useful in your professional life.
Finally, by December 28, 2019, you’ll need to submit in Canvas your 10 to 20 page argumentative research paper.
Writing Tips for Business Ethics Research Paper:
- The research paper must be written in the APA Format to which Sofia University subscribes.
- The length of the paper should be 10-20 pages. Your work is evaluated on how effectively you address the topic and analyze the issue—it’s not graded on number of pages
- If you copy some lines from the original work of an author, you should provide them as quotations using proper punctuation marks in order to indicate that you are not plagiarizing. It is important to acknowledge another person’s ideas when you are utilizing their ideas to support or contradict your position. When quoting other works, utilize the requirements of the APA format.
- Regardless of the topic you select, make sure that you focus on one issue and do in-depth research on it.
- Concentrate on the issue you have chosen for your research in order to avoid wasting your time and efforts on information that is too general or irrelevant to include in your paper. Although you should research and write on the history, background, and/or conditions of your chosen issue, it is necessary only as introductory information and as precedent to support and/or counter your main issue and arguments. The mainstay of your research and writing should look at the current business environment with a glimpse toward the future.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here