https://reliablepapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Reliable-Papers-Org-300x81.png 0 0 Ken Morgan https://reliablepapers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Reliable-Papers-Org-300x81.png Ken Morgan2021-02-23 05:49:492021-02-23 05:49:4913th-documentary
the 13th documentary is available on Netflix, watch it and answer the following
13th Reflection Questions
- What was the clause in the 13th amendment that was frequently referenced? How has this clause impacted the political, social, judicial, and racial issues in the US?
- How do you feel after watching 13th? What did you learn? What do you want to learn more about?
- In what ways did this film challenge, confirm, and/or provide context for your thoughts and attitudes towards our criminal justice system?
- The following is a list of quotes from the film. Choose 2 quotes and explain why you felt these were the most profound or why they stand out to you.
- “U.S. is home of 5% of the world’s population and 25% of the world’s prisoners.”
- “Birth of a nation confirmed the story many whites wanted to tell.”
- “Generational trauma.”
- “Jim Crow gave blacks a permanent second-class status”
- “Law and Order” / “War on Crime” / “War on Drugs”
- “Super Predator”
- “Stripped out a whole generation of leaders”
- “If everyone would insist on a trial the whole system would shut down”
- After seeing 13th, what do you see as the role of social workers as it pertains to the intersection of racism and criminal justice? Be sure to draw on class lectures and apply social work theories, approaches, practices, or values in your response.
Waiting for Superman Reflection Questions
- In Waiting for Superman, five families were followed on their journey to enroll their children in public schools where students are challenged and supported in programs that prepare them for college. What is your vision of a great public school? What are the key characteristics of a great school?
- In the film, several examples of schools are characterized by a culture of low expectations and low achievement. What do you believe are the root causes of chronically low-performing schools? What is being done to improve them? What should be done?
- Research shows that what happens outside of school – such as neighborhood violence or inadequate health care or housing – has a significant impact on classroom learning and student achievement. In your experience, what is the relationship between neighborhood quality of life and student achievement?
- In what ways did this film challenge, confirm, and/or provide context for your thoughts and attitudes towards our education system?
- After seeing Waiting for Superman, what do you see as the role of social workers as it pertains to the education system? Be sure to draw on class lectures and apply social work theories, approaches, practices, or values in your response.
Is this the question you were looking for? Place your Order Here